- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder, preferably Fry’s
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded 70% cocoa chocolate bar for garnish
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp fleur de sel or granulated sugar
Don’t over cook!
Love the chipotle hit!
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with oil.
- Sift flour with cocoa powder, baking soda, chipotle and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in both sugars, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture until combined.
- Using a 1 oz ice cream scoop drop dough onto parchment lined sheet. Flatten cookies slightly with fork or spoon dipped in water. Sprinkle dough with shredded chocolate and fleur de sel or sugar.
- Bake 1 pan at a time in centre of oven until cookies start to crack, 11 to 13 min. They should still be fudgy in the middle. Cool on racks.
- Yum Yum!!